Decorating & Furniture/splashback tile color in kitchen

Question
kitchen
kitchen  
hi, we just put in granite countertops in our kitchen called titanium.  the dominant colors are gray and black with splashes of oak colors to pick up the color of our golden oak cabinetry.  i painted the walls a  dark taupe color to pickup one of the colors in the countertop.  our appliances are white.  eventually we will be doing the floors in a light colored hardwood.  any thoughts on what color the splashback color should be ? i was thinking of a natural stone color to with the cabinets.  

Answer
Hi John,

Thanks for selecting me as your expert.

A natural stone color will be fine if you want everything to blend in (cabinets, floor, backsplash) and the countertop to stand out.  You might consider a glass tile backsplash to pull all the colors together.  Set on a horizontal plane, the glass tile can be very interesting and a "bright" spot in an already beautiful kitchen.

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik