Decorating & Furniture/splashback tile color in kitchen

hi, we just put in granite countertops in our kitchen called titanium.  the dominant colors are gray and black with splashes of oak colors to pick up the color of our golden oak cabinetry.  i painted the walls a  dark taupe color to pickup one of the colors in the countertop.  our appliances are white.  eventually we will be doing the floors in a light colored hardwood.  any thoughts on what color the splashback color should be ? i was thinking of a natural stone color to with the cabinets.  

Hi John,

Thanks for selecting me as your expert.

A natural stone color will be fine if you want everything to blend in (cabinets, floor, backsplash) and the countertop to stand out.  You might consider a glass tile backsplash to pull all the colors together.  Set on a horizontal plane, the glass tile can be very interesting and a "bright" spot in an already beautiful kitchen.

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology