Decorating & Furniture/wall paint color

I have a chocolate brown and caramel beige couch and light hardwood floors. We recently moved in our new house and I would like to paint the walls in living room.I have all white trim and white french doors on back wall in living room that goes outside.I thought maybe a nice sage green or I on the right track? I love color so any suggestions?

Hi Terri,

You could certainly use a sage green since green is a complementary color to the earthy browns you have in the space.  If you opt for sage green, pull that color into the room in a couple of other ways; i.e., accessories, toss pillows.  That will further pull the color throughout the space.

Keep your trim and moldings in the white.  It will work well against the green.

Good luck with your paint project and thanks for writing!

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology