Decorating & Furniture/wall paint color

Question
I have a chocolate brown and caramel beige couch and light hardwood floors. We recently moved in our new house and I would like to paint the walls in living room.I have all white trim and white french doors on back wall in living room that goes outside.I thought maybe a nice sage green or something....am I on the right track? I love color so any suggestions?

Answer
Hi Terri,

You could certainly use a sage green since green is a complementary color to the earthy browns you have in the space.  If you opt for sage green, pull that color into the room in a couple of other ways; i.e., accessories, toss pillows.  That will further pull the color throughout the space.

Keep your trim and moldings in the white.  It will work well against the green.

Good luck with your paint project and thanks for writing!

Jennifer Wojcik
Author, From Day One

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik