Decorating & Furniture/Wall Color

I have tan carpet,black furniture with nickel hardware,platinum and black curtains bed linen and pillows.
What paint color will make this bedroom look classy and elegant?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for selecting me as your expert!

I'd opt for taupe (Glidden's Toasty Grey is my fav) or a khaki shade of tan.  Very elegant look.

If you want to add a "wow" factor, try adding a touch or two of red in accessories along with some grey.  

Jennifer Wojcik, Author
From Day One
Available at or  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology