Decorating & Furniture/bedroom paint color

Question
Please help, I am having a severe problem selecting a paint color for my master bedroom. I bought a bedroom set from Bombay furniture before they went out business.  It is a beautiful mahogany four poster bed and I believe its dark mahogany cherry wood.  I now have a cranberry colors everywhere in the wood. My wall colors are he original tan with ivory ceiling.  Its been like this for thirty years and I AM so frustrated picking a color to change.

Answer
Hi Darlene,

Thanks for selecting me as your expert.

I'd suggest either a khaki shade of tan or a taupe.  My favorite taupe is from Glidden Paints and is called Toasty Grey.  It pairs beautiful with dark, rich tones and will give your room a beautiful backdrop!

If you want to continue the cranberry shade in accessories, that's fine.  You may want to "lighten" up for a change.  If so, consider a crisp white down comforter for your bed and pop it with a dark rich toned pillow or three!

Jennifer Wojcik, Author
From Day One
amazon.com or bn.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik