Decorating & Furniture/bedroom paint color

Please help, I am having a severe problem selecting a paint color for my master bedroom. I bought a bedroom set from Bombay furniture before they went out business.  It is a beautiful mahogany four poster bed and I believe its dark mahogany cherry wood.  I now have a cranberry colors everywhere in the wood. My wall colors are he original tan with ivory ceiling.  Its been like this for thirty years and I AM so frustrated picking a color to change.

Hi Darlene,

Thanks for selecting me as your expert.

I'd suggest either a khaki shade of tan or a taupe.  My favorite taupe is from Glidden Paints and is called Toasty Grey.  It pairs beautiful with dark, rich tones and will give your room a beautiful backdrop!

If you want to continue the cranberry shade in accessories, that's fine.  You may want to "lighten" up for a change.  If so, consider a crisp white down comforter for your bed and pop it with a dark rich toned pillow or three!

Jennifer Wojcik, Author
From Day One or

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology