Decorating & Furniture/faux finish and 2tone run

I painted my walls a dark tan color called latte by sherman williams and did one wall in a faux finish glaze called teachest it gives off a goldtone my carpet is tone on tone brown tan and called burnt spice. I just want to make sure my color scheme blends.  Can you give me any suggestions?  
Thanks for your help

Hi Mary Ellen,

The combination sounds beautiful and equally neutral which is exactly what you want your walls and carpet to be.  They are after all the backdrop for everything else.

You can add tones of brown, beige and even gold if you choose and be safe in your combinations.

Congrats on some wise decisions!  Thanks for choosing me as your expert.

Jennifer Wojcik, Author
From Day One
Available at and

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology