Decorating & Furniture/interior color scheme

Im currently waiting for my new house to be built and get to
have some say in the way of things Im trying to figure out a
wall cupboard and floor color scheme i want Ikea style
tinted glass cupboards with the lights inside but i also
want some cherry wood somewhere, floors maybe?.There wont be
any carpet in the house and i dont want really bright/dark
colors or white walls and it cant be to feminine because i
will be living with my husband there.I cant seem to find
pictures to help me decide either any help would be amazing   
it a modern home obviously lol, brick front, arch ceilings,
and lots of windows  

Hi Betty,

I'd consider using the cherry as flooring.  Cherry would be beautiful with virtually any wall color, and adding that to the house throughout would make the rooms flow effortlessly and will actually visually increase the room sizes.

I'd avoid white walls unless you use one as an accent wall.  (What a novel idea?)

Stay neutral in your wall colors, but enliven your space by using a beautiful neutral like taupe (Toasty Grey from Glidden is my personal favorite) or khaki.  Every color furniture/fixtures/accessories will coordinate beautifully with these colors.

Enjoy your new home with your husband!  If you follow the advice above, it will be neither feminine or masculine.  It will just be beautiful.

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik, Author
From Day One or

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology