Decorating & Furniture/paint color advice for master bedroom

Question
Hi!
I have 2 questions that I hope you can help me with.  We have stressed antique white bedroom furniture.  We would like to paint the walls a light green and are wondering if painting the trims white (window/door frames, thin horizontal molding across the middle of the walls) would clash with the off white furniture?  I don't think off white trims would look nice...
Second, we have a door in that bedroom that has been sealed by previous owners leading to the main bathroom.  We thought to either re-plaster that wall (lots of work and messy) to get rid of the door or maybe a faux wall finish or perhaps cover the door (once frame is removed) with wallpaper.  Any thoughts?  The door is behind our set of drawers and although the bottom half is covered, the top half is very visible and ugly.  Thank you for any advice!

Answer
Hi Felicia,

Thanks for writing and for selecting me as your expert.

Regardless of the color of your furniture, the trims and moldings should be painted the same color throughout the house.  I'd suggest that they all be painted in a bright white.  

As for the door that is sealed off, I would either cover it with dry wall and then paint it in the paint color you are using in the room, or plaster the wall.  Covering it with anything is just not a good solution.

Hope this helps you!  

Jennifer Wojcik, Author
From Day One
Available at amazon.com or bn.com

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik