Decorating & Furniture/Black red and white

Hi ..

I have a black and red silk comforter. (More red than black)  In my younger day, I paired it with black curtains.   What color curtains can I use now that I'm not in those younger days?  The walls are winter white and I have no plans to repaint.

Hi Carol.  I usually like to keep my curtains as close to the wall colour as possible, in this case a shade of white.  Really, you have an endless possibility.  Red for a bolder look, black with maybe a band of red fabric on the sides or bottom.  You can even introduce silver into your colour scheme as it would look great with the black and red.  Just make sure you add silver accents throughout your room.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.