Decorating & Furniture/Counter Tops

Question
I have recently moved into a Timber Frame home.  Wood overload!!
I have pine cupboards which I'd like to paint but am getting a lot of resistance so I have agreed to decorate around them for the time being.  I have painted the walls Benjamin Moore Sisal CC-304, have purchased built in stainless steel appliances and have new hand forged hardware in a pewter.  I want solid surface counter tops, probably marble.  What would be the best colour to compliment the pine and bring a slightly more modern look to the kitchen despite the pine?

Answer
Hi Carolyn, sorry for the late reply.  I think a darker toned counter top will provide a nice contrast to the pine.  You haven't mentioned what colour your floor is, if it is a shade of brown than I would stick with rich brown for the counter top.  If your floor is not brown in colour than I would recommend going into the gray tones, maybe something like a 'slate gray'.  Gray is going to give a more up to date look.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi