Decorating & Furniture/Help! Need help coordinating with marble tile

Question

I just purchased a home with a hunter green marble floor in the master bedroom. The room is small, with two small windows, and has mahogany crown molding. What are my options for wall color, furniture, and accessories. Any assistance you can offer would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Answer
Hi Raina, I'm not sure if your molding is mahogany in colour or if it is natural wood, but you may want to paint you crown molding in an creamy white as that will look a lot more pleasing to the eye.  As it stands, it is probably making the room feel 'heavy'.  Wether you decide to keep it or not, with your existing floor I think a wall colour in Behr's Sandstone Cliff (750C-3) will look great.  

To bring in additional colour, you will have to find a combining element, i.e.: a piece of art or rug that has your already existing colours but also one or two more, which you can bring in through accessories and furniture pieces. Try to keep any additional colours light.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi