Decorating & Furniture/colour

Hi, I am currently updating one of our spare bedrooms,it is a long and a little bit narrow room approx 18foot x 7foot wide. it is quite a cold room as it is attached to an exterior wall so i want to make it nice and warm. i have bught a lemon ice paint and i am currently looking at carpets, i was thinking of a wine/red.can you give me any advice on the carpet and accessories to the room,also should i add a different colour to one wall etc. thank you

Hi Lisa, You can pair any colour carpet your want with the yellow, as long as you use the same colours  placed evenly throughout the room in accessories, furniture, fabrics or art. If you stick with shades of yellow, oranges and reds, it will bring warmth and vibrancy to the space. If you pair the yellow with blues or purples you will be creating a complimentary colour scheme which will look a little more bold and depending on the tones of the blues and purples, it can even create a sense of calm.   For a room with these dimensions,I would not recommend painting a different coloured accent wall.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.