Decorating & Furniture/help with livingroom arrangement

hello, i live in a townhouse where my livingroom is big with a small kitchen. i assume part of the livingroom should be a dinning section... so its rectangular shaped long but not so wide...where im assuming the dinning section is has a caddie-corner gas fire place. i cant seem to configure it so i can separate the two with out it looking so you have any suggestions...thanks

Hi Dora.  All you need to create definition between the two areas is by using a rug under the dining table area or the living area.  Painting the two areas in different wall colours would also help.  Make sure that your stay within the same colour family when painting two different colours.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.