Decorating & Furniture/living room

Question
We remodeled our living room.  I am wondering if it is better to go with colored curtains and neutral colored walls or vice versa?  What colors are recommended for living rooms to make them feel welcoming?

Answer
Hi Christy, Personally I prefer warm neutral toned walls and solid curtains that are very close to the wall colour. By doing this it creates less visual contrast and is more soothing to the eyes, therefore making the room feel more 'calm'. If your do want to add some colour to the curtains or walls, you can either choose a warm toned neutral with a hint colour, or place a large band of coloured fabric on bottom portion of your curtains.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi