Decorating & Furniture/Accent wall coloro

I have a wall that divides my great room from my dining area and foyer. I want to make that an accent wall. My walls are off white I have a couch with teal, rose, plummy burgundy, and rosy read.  I also have muted rosy pink drapes.  A lot of my accessories have true royal muted purples in them (lamps, area rug, pillows, painting).  I thought a muted soft light royal purple would give it a WoW factor.  My sister who decorates say a soft mulberry would be better, because of my drapes and couch. However, I'm just not getting a WOW with it though because when I look at it I see almost brown. Which would be a better choice?  Or is there a color with the WoW factor that we would both like.  I have so much teal in my room. I would like to use some other color.

Hi Gerry,

I have to go with your sister on this. I think it will give you the wow you're after when you see it on an entire wall. It will also pull the room colors together for a cohesive but dramatic look. Be sure to test your color out so you can see how it looks at different times of the day. If it reads too brown you can always choose a shade or two brighter.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.