Decorating & Furniture/Bedroom

Question
Hi Susan,

Thanks for the reply.  Actually I bought my headboard at Horchow's they have it shown in the magazine it came in cherry or bleached color. I have the bleached color.  Thanks for your advice, but the crown would be too ornate for me and I have a samll bedroom.  The tapestry I am not crazy for.  How about some pictures or perhaps a shelf.  Do you have any  pics to send me.

I appreciate it and thanks again I await your reply.

Answer
I like the idea of a series of 3 botanical prints, arched around the curve of the headboard. I especially like oval frames with Victorian era furniture. Or, one small decorative mirror. A panel of interesting wall paper trimmed out in wood moulding would be pretty, too. A found object such as a wall sculpture would be interesting. Antique stores, Wisteria.com and museum stores have them. I don't care for shelves above headboards. Perhaps it's the fear of falling items...hah. Also, I don't think a shelf with little items has the visual power befitting the focal point of the room. I have seen it done, though. Just not a fan.

Sorry I don't have any good photos to share on the subject. If you'd like, I'd love to see your finished project. susan@theluxelady.com  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews