Decorating & Furniture/Different Wood

Question
Hello,
I just bought a house built in 1975.  It has ugly carpet but nice medium finish wood entry doors, closet doors and base moldings.  All the wood matches except the dark box beams in the living room that show off the catherdal ceiling.  I would like to use a laminate wood flooring thoughout the house.  I have one 4 year old son and a Golden Lab for a dog that destroys everything.  How do I match the wood floor, furniture, ceilings and baseboard?  

Thanks
Dave

Answer
Hi Dave, You can bring home samples of the flooring and get a close match to the medium finished wood. As I understand it's the same wood on the doors, and baseboards.   It's fine for the ceiling beams to be a darker colour, it'll make you high ceiling more of a unique feature.

The general room for having different types of wood in space is no more than three.  Laminate flooring is much less maintenance than original wood, which can be a big help with small children and pets and today's laminate looks incredibly close to the real thing.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi