Decorating & Furniture/Wall Color

Question
I recently bought a new home which has medium to dark wood paneling on the lower walls in the entry way / hall way and dining room.  When I originally saw the pictures I thought I would just paint it then after seeing it in person the wood is of very high quality and workmanship so I have two issues.  1) should I paint? if not what color should I paint above the wood on the top half of the wall? Mocha? or taupe? I have a potterbarn / resoration hardware type style and lot of furniture etc in brown and black colors am worried that the rooms will look to dark / rustic if i choose the wrong color.  The room with the most wood has 20 foot celings and is the entrance way to the house the wood goes about 4 feet up the wall.I have attached a link to pictures of the house below.  Please note the furniture in the pictures belongs to the current owners so I am not looking to coordinate with that style. ck.http://link.mlxchange.com/5.0.08.4151/Tools/MultiImageViewer/MediaViewerDlg.asp?

Answer
Hi Sheila, I'm very sorry for the late reply.  I'm having trouble seeing the photos with the link you have provided, but I'll try my best.  Depending on the original style and build of the home, keeping the wood paneling may be the best thing to do.  A mocha or taupe colour would be a little to dark and would especially not go well with the twenty foot ceiling.  I would suggest a warm or antique white.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi