Decorating & Furniture/furniture placement

Question
I live in a small one bedroom apt and the space that is designated as the living space is awkward. When you walk in the door. To your right is a long wall that's about 18 ft long. It leads to the wall its connected to has a long rectangle like window with a fireplace a foot apart then a door a foot apart from the firplace and a window about a foot and a half away from the door. All of this is on the same wall.which leads into a traditional dining area. The kitchen is enclosed and galley style. The kitchen has small bar area and that wall leads to the hallway. The living room is one big open area with only one solid wall.  I turned the traditional dining area to a sitting area. My question is can I turn what is suppose to be a living room into a dining area and work room. I also have valted ceilings.

Answer
Crystal,

Bottom line - our homes need to work for our lifestyles. So yes, absolutely use your old living room space as a dining area and work room. The key will be clutter control. Be sure to incorporate ample storage for work supplies so that when you dine it can be visually peaceful.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthew

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews