Decorating & Furniture/height of picture

I would like to have two pictures as shown by the tape in the image I am attaching.  My question is, the two pictures together are 10" taller than the nude I hang the pictures so the the top is at the same height as the nude painting as shown or do I hang the two pictures independant of the nude painting. I am afraid it would look odd if the one side has pictures higher than the other.

Hi Elizabeth, the tape as you have placed looks just about right for the two pictures.  The gap between the two should be approximately 11/2 to 2 inches and should fall approximately in line with the center of the nude painting.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.