Decorating & Furniture/living room

I have a leather sofa and was thinking of getting 2 chair 1/2s to go with it. Would that look ok? The reason is I have room and they would provide more seating and be more comfortable than just 2 chairs. I would probably go with a neutral color and add pillows to chairs and sofa to tie them together. Also would 2 ottomons with the chairs be a bit much as far as looking overdone?

I've never seen more than one person sit on a chair and 1/2. They take up a tremendous amount of visual space without offering extra seating (in my experience). Even though you have space, you don't want the room to seem heavy or as you said "overdone." I would just go with two fabulous comfy chairs and the two ottomans. Ottomans are fabulous! They offer extra seating, can be moved around and if you put a tray on top you have an instant table. The chairs don't have to match. Either way, adding pillows (don't have to be the same fabric - just coordinate colors) to the sofa to tie together is a great idea. Here's a blog I wrote of throw pillows -

Have fun.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.