Decorating & Furniture/painting wainscoting

I would like to put wainscoting in my bathroom.question is I would like to paint it same shade as top part of the wall,can the baseboards be painted white or should they be painted the same as the wainscoting.thankyou

I LOVE that you're adding wainscoting to your bathroom walls. It's a wonderful architectural detail and bathrooms are often overlooked. I prefer when all wood trim matches in a room for a seamless and cohesive look. Since wainscoting is an extension of wood trim, I think it should match.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.