Decorating & Furniture/red carpet white walls

I have a deep red carpet, white walls and a black sofa, I'm trying to get away from the bachelor red, white and black and need think that i need to introduce another color. Any ideas?

Hi Matthew,

Add color to those walls to soften up the contrast between the red, white and black. If you can't paint, add the new color in art, wall hangings or screens. Here are your color suggestions.

Light to medium gray on the walls is very current. Gray would look sophisticated and urban with that red carpet. Pillows on the black sofa with shades of red and gray would pull it together. Also, I suspect the sofa is leather and those pillows would warm it up a bit and add texture.

If you would like a completely different cozy vibe - try a warm tan, gold or caramel on the walls and incorporate that choice into your accessories.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.