Decorating & Furniture/red carpet white walls

Question
I have a deep red carpet, white walls and a black sofa, I'm trying to get away from the bachelor red, white and black and need think that i need to introduce another color. Any ideas?

Answer
Hi Matthew,

Add color to those walls to soften up the contrast between the red, white and black. If you can't paint, add the new color in art, wall hangings or screens. Here are your color suggestions.

Light to medium gray on the walls is very current. Gray would look sophisticated and urban with that red carpet. Pillows on the black sofa with shades of red and gray would pull it together. Also, I suspect the sofa is leather and those pillows would warm it up a bit and add texture.

If you would like a completely different cozy vibe - try a warm tan, gold or caramel on the walls and incorporate that choice into your accessories.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews