Decorating & Furniture/Dark Brown Color

Question
I have a long narrow at one end frontroom and wider at the other.  Along one long wall, my friend painted it a dark chocolate brown.  Attached to this wall is another half wall, that she also painted the dark brown.  The rest of the colors on the wall is a light toasted almond, with a lighter beige color carpeting.  My question is this - I feel the dark brown is a little much, but feel that with the right decorating tips, it could be pretty.  My couch is a dark blue sectional with specs of brown in it.  How can I dress up my walls a little bit to NOT be so dark???  I now have a group hanging on the long wall that is a light blue floral picture, mirror sconces on the side that also have some blue flowers and a blue/lg lavendar swag above the picture.  Am I on the right track?????   Please oh please help me!

Answer
Hi Cyndy,

You could paint a large graphic square in your toasted almond color on top of the dk. brown lg. wall. to place your picture within. Border it with a metallic (silver or gold) or the beige of your carpet. This will give you a frame effect and lighten up the space. You also mention the lavender swag. Be sure to sprinkle that color and the blue around the room via accessories to pull all the colors together.

Hope this helps.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan

www.theluxelady.com

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews