Decorating & Furniture/Decorating help

Question
I am new to this decorating thing and need some help. I just brought a new home and I am trying to decorate my living room.  I wanted to go with a leather couch and love seat.  However because I don't want the space to seem crowded I wanted to just go with a leather couch and fabric chairs.  The room is a two tone room with Khaki on the top and Cranberry Apple on the bottom the floors are wood. What type of leather couch and fabric chairs can I use in this room?

Answer
Hi Louis,

I'm glad you are mixing it up. Sometimes a leather sofa and a leather love seat can be too cold looking. The fabric chairs will add texture (important in decorating) and warmth to the room. Also, over-crowding the room with big furniture is a common decorating mistake. I'm glad you're avoiding it.

Colored sofas tend to look dated fast. I would stick with a neutral in the brown range of colors. A nice camel or saddle brown. Just be sure it works with your khaki paint. Be sure to take a paint swatch with you.

Try to pull the cranberry apple and another new accent color into the fabric chairs. Use that third accent color in at least two other spots in the room (pillows or a throw for the leather sofa).

Best of luck!

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews
www.theluxelady.com

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews