Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen remodel

Semi-remodel in Kitchen.  Keeping medium oak cabinets and light grey ceramic floor.  Adding a black oak 7ft island.  We are putting solid black granite on the perimeter countertops;  and a marbled granite (black, grey & beige colors) on the island top.  Stainless Steel appliances and sink.  Still deciding on backsplash.  WHAT COLOR SHOULD I PAINT MY WALLS?  I was "thinking" 2-tones of toupe.  Need answer quickly and totally at a loss!  Thank you, thank you.

Hi Tammy, A taupe colour would look a little to 'matchy' with your oak cabinets.  Try Behr's Porpoise (790E-3) it is a grey with a taupe undertone.  I think it'll work better considering your countertops and floor.  Doing two different tones will make you kitchen look to busy.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.