Decorating & Furniture/Lounge to go with cream carpet and surroundings

Question

We are planning to buy a new corner modular lounge and have been wondering what colour would go best with the cream carpet and the surroundings incl. wall, curtain etc.

We are looking for a subtle, young and sophisticated look (not too young which goes out of fashion or gets boring in couple of years ......)

Your help is much appreciated.

Answer
Kapil,

My best advice to you is to look for a solid color piece that fits your "style".  If you prefer clean lines you probably fall under the category of contemporary or modern style.  These sectional sofas (modular lounges) have straight backs, arms and modular or squared feet.  

The sectional I just described is available in hard-wearing fabric like micro-suede (easy to maintain as well as comfortable) or leather.  Virtually any shade of brown, black or tan will be perfect in your surroundings.

Avoid loud pattern or striped fabrics and you will be on your way to a beautiful space.  (Add patterned fabric pieces via accessories and toss pillows.)

Thank you for writing and for your question.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik