Decorating & Furniture/Lounge suite-colours for lounge room

Question
lounge
lounge  
We have a corner, 6 seater lounge suite in a pale red almost orange (it's very nice!), in our small & cosy, all wood lined appartment inside a wooden chalet (including low ceiling). We have white curtains & beige throw cushions. We live in a cold mountain area, but I was hoping to perhaps change the accessories/throw cushions for another colour to brighten things up for Spring/Summer. We have a lovely landscape photo with reds & oranges in it with a royal blue frame. Would royal blue be a good colour to go with or perhaps you have other suggestions? In anticipation of your reply & advice, thank you.ps; can send photos of suite & space

Answer
Hi Anne,

I appreciate the question.  Brightening up for spring and summer is a great idea.  

With your color palette, you can bring in blues, yellows and even greens.  If you opt for yellow, make sure it's a rich shade so that it doesn't blend in too much with the wood.  The blue that's in your photograph would be an excellent choice, and adding a green in a mint or sage shade would bring some of the spring/summer outdoors in.

Thanks for writing.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik