Decorating & Furniture/Paint Color for Walls

I would like to paint my living room - currently we have
green (more light fern green) and red curtains with gold and cream  sheers.  I have a couch that is choclate brown and 2 armchairs that are with a paisely print that have the colors of
red, green and gold. Am not sure what color to paint the walls that will co-ordinate with the curtain and couch colors?   Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks so much.

Hi Paula,

If I were you I'd paint the walls in a "coffee and cream" shade of tan.  You have a lot of color in the space and giving the eye a place to rest will be welcomed.  Check your local paint store looking at shades of taupe, tan or beiges.  If you find a color that looks like coffee with lots of cream added, that will be the one!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology