Decorating & Furniture/Painting walls

Question
My living room and dining room are in one large room.  I have 2 dark green sofas and dark furniture in the living room  which also includes a reddish/tannish brick fireplace whose facade goes from ceiling to floor. A few feet away I have a mahogany dining room that includes the china cabinet and buffet.  The accents in both rooms are cream colored pillows, an oriental carpet under the d.r. table that has dark blues,sages, and dark pinks in it. There are also cranberry seat cushions on the mahogany chairs.  I have green plants in different spots and the walls are white right now.  We would like to change the walls to another color.  Any suggestions?

Answer
Hi Anne,

Your living/dining rooms sound beautifully furnished.  Your choices in color appear to be in the autumnal family and those colors can be enhanced with a wonderful shade of taupe.  My favorite is from Glidden and is called Toasty Grey. It is a "pale" taupe but when compared to the white walls you currently have will appear rich and warm.  This color is best when use with dark furniture such as yours and will be a great addition to your home.

Thanks for writing and for your question.

Best regards,
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik