Decorating & Furniture/Red Bedroom

I was wodering if you could suggest some good decorating ideas for a bedroom? I'm paint my bedroom red and i was going for a modern roman feel. Frist off what color of comferter would you suggest? i was think a gold with bits of marron to accect. I'm also thinking of adding a rug to go under the bed (until we get a new bed frame). I was thinking of a grey and black rug but i'm not sure if that will suite the room. Also would you suggest a lillt waterfall as decore? I think it will give it a earthy feel but i'm not sure if its good for a bedroom or with the idea i'm going with.
Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Hi Stacy,

A gold comforter would be a good match. I like the idea of pulling the red/maroon into it as an accent color. You could also do that with throw pillows and curtains. I'm not sure I would like the grey with the black in the rug. I think gold or red would be better. I love the idea of the waterfall. It decorating we try to address all the senses. Sounds like you're on the right track.

Yours for a luxe life,

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.