Decorating & Furniture/Redecorating living room

My living room has a vaulted ceiling with a loft, crown moulding and chair railing, two large windows facing east and two large windows facing south with a fireplace on west side and opening into dining room on north side.  Blue berber carpet with specks of white, tan and brown.  Two large ivory leather couches and a taupe recliner with a large black entertainment center.  No other furniture although I would like to get a coffee table (black?).  
I want new curtains, pillows and am not sure what to paint below and above the chair rail let alone the crown moulding.  I am open to any ideas that would tie in with the black, ivory and blue.

Hi Lezlie,

There are so many options here. A tan or brown paint below the chair rail with a blue above it would look nice. Or go with a dk blue on the bottom and a blue two or three shades lighter above the chair rail. You could leave all the moldings ivory for contrast. A black coffee table would pull the black in. Look for curtains that have a blue, tan/brown, ivory/white, black mixed pattern. If you go with a solid try to coordinate with whatever you choose as the wall color.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.