Decorating & Furniture/Redecorating living room

Question
My living room has a vaulted ceiling with a loft, crown moulding and chair railing, two large windows facing east and two large windows facing south with a fireplace on west side and opening into dining room on north side.  Blue berber carpet with specks of white, tan and brown.  Two large ivory leather couches and a taupe recliner with a large black entertainment center.  No other furniture although I would like to get a coffee table (black?).  
I want new curtains, pillows and am not sure what to paint below and above the chair rail let alone the crown moulding.  I am open to any ideas that would tie in with the black, ivory and blue.

Answer
Hi Lezlie,

There are so many options here. A tan or brown paint below the chair rail with a blue above it would look nice. Or go with a dk blue on the bottom and a blue two or three shades lighter above the chair rail. You could leave all the moldings ivory for contrast. A black coffee table would pull the black in. Look for curtains that have a blue, tan/brown, ivory/white, black mixed pattern. If you go with a solid try to coordinate with whatever you choose as the wall color.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews