Decorating & Furniture/bright walls

I have painted my grand daughters room a benjamin moore coral gables and used white beaded board all around on bottem half the closets are painted countrywhite and also all the trim work the hardware in the room is oilrubbed bronze, my concern is it really glows, there is two big windows, so we get lots of light. Its also going to be used as a guest bedroom. what other colors can I use to tone it down and what color furniture would look best.

Hi Kim,

I looked at the color (BM Coral Gables) and think you'd be best suited using a dark furniture color (chocolate brown for instance.)  

Use drapery panels in a chocolate/coral/teal combination or in a solid chocolate brown.  To tone down the brightness of the paint color, you may want to add white sheers to the windows along with the drapery panels.  Use oil-rubbed bronze drapery rods and make sure the draperies and sheers go all the way to the floor.

Using a white duvet cover is a great idea and you can accessorize with toss pillows in teal/coral/chocolate and even pale yellow.

Hope this helps.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology