Decorating & Furniture/bright walls

Question
I have painted my grand daughters room a benjamin moore coral gables and used white beaded board all around on bottem half the closets are painted countrywhite and also all the trim work the hardware in the room is oilrubbed bronze, my concern is it really glows, there is two big windows, so we get lots of light. Its also going to be used as a guest bedroom. what other colors can I use to tone it down and what color furniture would look best.

Answer
Hi Kim,

I looked at the color (BM Coral Gables) and think you'd be best suited using a dark furniture color (chocolate brown for instance.)  

Use drapery panels in a chocolate/coral/teal combination or in a solid chocolate brown.  To tone down the brightness of the paint color, you may want to add white sheers to the windows along with the drapery panels.  Use oil-rubbed bronze drapery rods and make sure the draperies and sheers go all the way to the floor.

Using a white duvet cover is a great idea and you can accessorize with toss pillows in teal/coral/chocolate and even pale yellow.

Hope this helps.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik