Decorating & Furniture/color/light

Question
I have black appliances, tan brown granite countertop (black with light terra cotta swirls) Would cabinets in cordovan wiped stain on maple be too dark (Kitchen does not get much natural light) If so what would be a good color wood?

Answer
Hi Sharon,

I think the maple and stain will look nice with the color combination. A painted wood in a tan would also look nice and be a bit lighter. I wouldn't want to go to light with the cabinets because of the black appliances. It would create too much of a contrast. I think the most important thing is that you invest in excellent lighting for under cabinets and overhead. Bring in the artificial light.a

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews