Decorating & Furniture/coordinating carpet & wall covering

Question
I am so excited to find this website! I'm painting the master bdrm. a blue/green (color you see on all the linens now)& the guest bedroom a gray/green color. Both rooms will have strong white molding & white coffered ceilings to offset. Both colors are darker so am concerned about using gray/taupe carpet as it may be too dark. Hesitate using lighter color because I have a dog. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks!

Answer
Cathy,

I've been there! It's wise to decorate around real life (dogs/kids) or you end up frustrated. You could try a lighter platinum gray shade. It will still hide wear and tear. Even if you go a bit darker with the carpet, the white moldings will give you great contrast and brighten things up. If you do go with a lighter gray/taupe, be sure to purchase a carpet fabric that cleans well. Some are far superior to others and are worth the extra up front investment. Check out Mohawk smart strand. There are new innovations always coming out.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews
www.theluxelady.com

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews