Decorating & Furniture/hall connected to other rooms

I have a living room that is tan and a kitchen that you can see from there that is green.  The longest wall in the kitchen runs down the hall.  Where do we stop the green and do we do the hall the tan that you see from the livingroom?

Hi Nancy,

I have the same issue in my house. One way to solve the issue is too make sure your using the color of your kitchen as an accent in your living room and vice versa. Make sure there are some tan accents in your kitchen. Those colors work well together.

As for the wall color, from your description it sounds like the kitchen melds into the hall, so I would continue the green there for cohesiveness.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.