Decorating & Furniture/hanging picture

guest bedroom
guest bedroom  
I would like to hang a picture as shown by the green tape on this wall.  It is wider than the chest so I thought I should move it over to include the chair.  Please advise as to the scale and location of this picture...should I move it up, down, left, right, or maybe this is not the right size for this location.  I am open to any other suggestions. Thanks

Hi Elizabeth,

If you plan to always have that chair in that particular arrangement, then center the wall hanging with the chair and table.  On the other hand, if you think you may move that chair, you obviously want the wall hanging centered over the table.  The scale is fine (as you have it marked) for either scenario.

Thanks for writing and for your question.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology