Decorating & Furniture/wall & carpet colors

Question
I am so excited to find this website! I'm painting the master bdrm. a blue/green (color you see on all the linens now)& the guest bedroom a gray/green color. Both rooms will have strong white molding & white coffered ceilings to offset. Both colors are darker so am concerned about using gray/taupe carpet as it may be too dark. Hesitate using lighter color because I have a dog. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks!

Answer
Hi Cathy,

I too have a long haired cat who is mostly black so I understand your pet dilemma.  I must say that your best option is to keep the tone of the carpet neutral.  A pale gray/taupe is an excellent neutral; keep the pile of the carpet short or choose a woven texture.

I have a Berber in white/blue/green and notice more pet hair on my wood floors than on the carpet!

Thanks for writing and for your question.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik