Decorating & Furniture/Furniture to go with walnut flooring

Question
We are moving to a new home and I'm having a home office in the smallest bedroom.  The walls have a chair rail already which I'm leaving and painting the upper wall creamy beige and the lower brick red (a sofa bed of that colour will be in the room).  I've just ordered walnut laminate flooring and would like some advice on what finish for office furniture I should choose.  Walnut seems hard to come by from what we've seen so far but would like some advice.  The room is 11' x 10' and the wall the office furniture will go on is just 81" long.  The furniture will on the wall that has the door into the room, to the right of the door so not immediately visible when entering the room.  Many thanks.

Answer
Hi Linda, sorry for the late reply.  For the furniture I would suggest that you take a sample of the flooring with you when you go shopping.  The walnut wood grain will have a couple of different shades in it.  Choose furniture in any of these tones and it will compliment your floor well.

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi