Decorating & Furniture/Master Bedroom

Question
Hi,  I have an area rug in my bedroom that I love, the rug has a background of ivory and black,  with burgundy.
My walls are a beige,  I want to change the bedding which is also a beige, but I don't want a dark color like burgundy.  Can you suggest other colors that would coordinate with burgundy but be fresh and upbeat.

Answer
Hi Debbie,
As burgundy is already a strong colour, and given that fact this is a bedroom, I would only pair a neutral with it, in this case ivory.  Add accent pillows compromising of the rug colours (ivory, black & burgundy), using florals, stripes and solid patterns.  Also bring in accessories of antique gold, to add even more interest.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven
www.eighthaven.com

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi