Decorating & Furniture/Master Bedroom

Hi,  I have an area rug in my bedroom that I love, the rug has a background of ivory and black,  with burgundy.
My walls are a beige,  I want to change the bedding which is also a beige, but I don't want a dark color like burgundy.  Can you suggest other colors that would coordinate with burgundy but be fresh and upbeat.

Hi Debbie,
As burgundy is already a strong colour, and given that fact this is a bedroom, I would only pair a neutral with it, in this case ivory.  Add accent pillows compromising of the rug colours (ivory, black & burgundy), using florals, stripes and solid patterns.  Also bring in accessories of antique gold, to add even more interest.  

I also offer an 'Ask the Decorator' service on my website. I would be happy to be of further assistance to you if needed.
Thank you, for your time.

Shamim Razvi
The Eighth Haven

Decorating & Furniture

Shamim Razvi

I can answer anything in general about decorating, i.e. Space planning,colour co-ordinating, furniture placement, choosing the most suitable accessories,fabrics,lighting, window, wall and floor treatments. I cannot answer questions about structural or architectural changes.

I have been decorating for the past five years and running my own decorating business: The Eighth Haven,, for over a year.

I am a graduate of QC Design School, in the field of Professional Design and Decorating as a certified Interior Decorator and Professional Colour Consultant.