Decorating & Furniture/Matching stain to furniture

Question
I am attempting to match the color of a 'library style wall' that I am building to an existing entertainment center. The EC has the typical 'reddish cherry' color that is frequently used these days in bedroom and other furniture. The cherry stains available in stores are no where like the 'reddish' look in the furniture. Do you have any idea of how to find or formulate this 'cherry' color?

Answer
Hi Ken,

I would try to take the smallest piece of the cherry furniture you're trying to match to a really good paint store. A knowledgeable staffer should be able to help you create a custom stain without much trial and error.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews