Decorating & Furniture/Matching stain to furniture

I am attempting to match the color of a 'library style wall' that I am building to an existing entertainment center. The EC has the typical 'reddish cherry' color that is frequently used these days in bedroom and other furniture. The cherry stains available in stores are no where like the 'reddish' look in the furniture. Do you have any idea of how to find or formulate this 'cherry' color?

Hi Ken,

I would try to take the smallest piece of the cherry furniture you're trying to match to a really good paint store. A knowledgeable staffer should be able to help you create a custom stain without much trial and error.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.