Decorating & Furniture/Small rectangular living room coulour scheme

Question
Front
Front  
Hi, me and my partner have recently bought our first home and we're struggling with colour schemes. Our living room is fairly small but rectanglar shape with the front wall having the windows and door leading to the porch and the right short wall with a door leading to the hall. The TV and main sofa are to the left of the room. I'd like to include a feature wall to brighten the room (maybe deep dark purple)but don't know which wall to paint so it doesn't make the room even more shallow and long. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Answer
Hi Rachel,

When painting a feature wall, it's best to choose the wall that will be your focal point (TV, great view from window, etc.) Because you don't want the feature wall to compete for your eye with the focal point of the room.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews