Decorating & Furniture/A bedroom with slanted ceiling

I have a master bedroom that is rectangular in shape, however both long walls follow the roof shape and are slanted from about 48". My style is modern/contemporary. Any ideas on furniture, color and finish choices?

Hi Inessa,

With the slanted ceiling, a platform bed would work very nicely. They are now more widely-available now, contemporary in design and typically low profile.

Whatever colors you choose to paint the non-slanted walls, try 3 shades lighter for the slanted ceiling.

Without knowing you or your preferences, I wouldn't want to pick colors for you. Try They have a wonderful section on color inspiration.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.