Decorating & Furniture/color for walls and floor

White kitchen cabinets
White kitchen cabinets  
Stuck not sure what color for my walls and floor, all white cabinets, white appliance, I love a nice bright kitchen and my idea was for my walls something like a light grey or very light green, I wasn't sure if i should do this, my floors a darker color, my counter is like specks of black and and very very light greenish swirl in it and may some grey. its called white grey. I need some ideas don't want to do it twice.

Hi Anna,

I think you're on the right track with gray or green.  Here are a few colours to try:

GRAY  - Benjamin Moore Rever Pewter HC-172 - a creamy warm gray
     - BM Florentine Plaster CC-520 - a smokey gray-green

GREEN - BM Hazy Skies OC-48 - light gray-green
     - BM Snowball OC-52 - a soft blue-green-gray

Get sample pots of your choices or big chips if available and look at your selections at different times of the day to make sure you like the way the colour changes. Although you want to stay light with your wall colour, your kitchen can take a slightly deeper colour since you have such a large expanse of white with the cabinetry. It will add some depth and dimension to the space - too light and everything will blend together.

I think a darker floor is a good idea too - a mid-toned to dark gray tile would look great or a mid-toned neutral brown hardwood would also work.  Adding a tiled backsplash that incorporates all your colours will finish the space and pull it all together.  

Hope this helps!  Good Luck!

Decorating & Furniture

Sarah Kidder

Ask me anything! I'm a formally trained decorator, am passionate about decorating and design and am pretty well rounded in all areas.

I'm a Certified Interior Decorator with a diploma in Interior Decorating from Algonquin College in Ottawa, Ontario. I'm a member in good standing of the Canadian Decorator's Association (CDECA). I've been active in the design industry for about 7 years. I've been working with private clients for the past 5 years while running my own decorating company.

Canadian Decorator's Association (CDECA)

Diploma in Interior Decorating

Currently working on a kitchen reno, a bathroom reno, and a bathroom design...and lots of colour consultations!