Decorating & Furniture/color for walls and floor

Question
White kitchen cabinets
White kitchen cabinets  
Stuck not sure what color for my walls and floor, all white cabinets, white appliance, I love a nice bright kitchen and my idea was for my walls something like a light grey or very light green, I wasn't sure if i should do this, my floors a darker color, my counter is like specks of black and and very very light greenish swirl in it and may some grey. its called white grey. I need some ideas don't want to do it twice.

Answer
Hi Anna,

I think you're on the right track with gray or green.  Here are a few colours to try:

GRAY  - Benjamin Moore Rever Pewter HC-172 - a creamy warm gray
     - BM Florentine Plaster CC-520 - a smokey gray-green

GREEN - BM Hazy Skies OC-48 - light gray-green
     - BM Snowball OC-52 - a soft blue-green-gray

Get sample pots of your choices or big chips if available and look at your selections at different times of the day to make sure you like the way the colour changes. Although you want to stay light with your wall colour, your kitchen can take a slightly deeper colour since you have such a large expanse of white with the cabinetry. It will add some depth and dimension to the space - too light and everything will blend together.

I think a darker floor is a good idea too - a mid-toned to dark gray tile would look great or a mid-toned neutral brown hardwood would also work.  Adding a tiled backsplash that incorporates all your colours will finish the space and pull it all together.  

Hope this helps!  Good Luck!

Sarah

Decorating & Furniture

Sarah Kidder