Decorating & Furniture/difficult living room to arrange furniture in

Living room with fireplace
Living room with firep  
I'm having trouble knowing what type of couch or oversea to buy for this difficult living room to arrange furniture in.  We want to sell the home but need to decorate the living room to look nice when people come in.  The carpet we picked out turned out to have a pinkish cast in it so I have to deal with that too.  The TV is a large 48 inch and hubby wont let me take it out of the room either. Let me know if you need the floor plan drawn with the sizes.  I have that too.  See attached photo..One of the recliners can be removed from the room or both if we have to. Hubby is little reluctant to give it up, but if it means selling this house, we will!

Hi Linda,

Have you considered renting a sofa? Either way, I would keep it a very neutral color. The same color family as your tan recliner would be ideal. I would move the darker recliner out while selling. Also, I would avoid an over-sized sofa as they tend to make rooms look smaller. Good luck with selling the house and have a happy move.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.