Decorating & Furniture/furniture

I have burgundy walls, cream borders and dark wood floors.  What color couch and curtains should i go with?

Hi Mary Lou,

You could pick two more colors for the room. Burgundy works well with so many colors. I prefer it with blues such as navy or sapphire. Other colors that work well with burgundy are golds, tans and greens. Your sofa could be a pattern that incorporates a few chosen colors or a solid. If you were to go with a solid sofa, you could bring the other colors, including the burgundy, in with throw pillows or a throw blanket. Brown leather goes with everything, too.

As for the curtains. I prefer when the curtains blend in well with the wall color. I would choose something that has burgundy as the main color.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.