Decorating & Furniture/interior painting

Question
hello, I'm trying to decide what color i should paint our new house and we're trying to get some expert advice about colors since we don't have experience in the topic.
our living room has a dark blue couch with taupe trim, a light beige love seat, 3 glass top tables gray metal with gold, the entertainment center is black and the living room has vaulted ceilings with an arched window any suggestions. Our master bedroom has a black with gold trims bed set, 6 drawer chest with mirror and armoire that's it also with vaulted ceiling.

Answer
Hi Joel,

I think a neutral shade such as taupe would work well throughout the house and always looks elegant and crisp against white or ivory trim. The vaulted ceiling could be done in a taupe that is three shades lighter than the wall for contrast.

You most certainly could add in another accent color into your accessories in your living room. You could also go more dramatic in the bedroom. Black and gold are neutrals that work well with almost any color. Determine what colors you enjoy. Check out your clothes for hints. Look in decorator magazines for inspiration. Also, several paint stores offer color inspiration guides on their Web sites. I especially like Benjamin Moore's "My Color Inspiration."

Yours for a Luxe Life,
Susan Matthews  

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews