Decorating & Furniture/painting in of church

we are repainting the inside of our church. It is now white. we need help on picking the right colors. the new carpet is a mixture of purples and a small amount of blue. the purple is on the order of plum. i could send pictures if needed. we have several walls and could use two or three different colors.

Hi Karen,

I would go with a light, soft purple that coordinates with the darker purples and blue. It doesn't have to match. Be sure to take a carpet sample with you when paint shopping. It just needs to be a complementary color. If there are alcoves, I would go up three to four shades of the same color to accent those spaces.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews

I'm here to help you create a luxe look by making the most of any room within any budget. I welcome questions about furniture placement, colors, style, accessories and more.

I am a guest host and lifestyle expert for QVC - the premier home shopping network. I'm trained in redesign which entails using what you already own to create a new look. I own Decorvention - a redesign company based in the Philadelphia area. My articles have been published in national and regional publications.

Philadelphia Style, Glamour, Success, Las Vegas Life and Style, Medical Life, Philadelphia Weddings and The Philadelphia Inquirer.

BA in Communications from Temple University and redesign certification from Temple University.

Philadelphia Press Award Marcom Award Writer's Digest Awards

Available upon request.