Decorating & Furniture/painting walls

Question
I am in the process of putting house on the market. I have dark green carpet, and green counter tops, which I did not choose. I have large living room open to dinning room. I wanted to paint a accent wall in living and dinning room to take away from the green. My couch is beige, recliner beige, green, and burgundy. Window coverings also burgundy. What color can I accent living and dinning room wall to take away from the green?

Answer
Hi Janice,

The rule of home staging for selling is to keep wall color as neutral as possible. People like when they can move their furniture in with no colors clashing. I would go with a fresh coat of beige a couple shades lighter or darker than your sofa on all the walls. I wouldn't recommend painting an accent wall.

Yours for a luxe life,
Susan Matthews
www.theluxelady.com

Decorating & Furniture

Susan Matthews