Decorating & Furniture/lounge room

Hi sarah i have a brick interior lounge room with light coloured tiles on the floor im having problems picking colours for a new lounge suite and blinds i"d like to lift the colour so its not dark at the moment i have a cream lounge suite and floral curtains pinks green with a touch of grey i dont want to have the same colours for my new furnishings can you help please.

Hi Mary,

Are you able to send a picture of your room?  It will give me a better idea of the space.

Please note that I will be on vacation until June 14th though, and will answer it then.  You can email your pictures to

Decorating & Furniture

Sarah Kidder

Ask me anything! I'm a formally trained decorator, am passionate about decorating and design and am pretty well rounded in all areas.

I'm a Certified Interior Decorator with a diploma in Interior Decorating from Algonquin College in Ottawa, Ontario. I'm a member in good standing of the Canadian Decorator's Association (CDECA). I've been active in the design industry for about 7 years. I've been working with private clients for the past 5 years while running my own decorating company.

Canadian Decorator's Association (CDECA)

Diploma in Interior Decorating

Currently working on a kitchen reno, a bathroom reno, and a bathroom design...and lots of colour consultations!