Decorating & Furniture/refrigerator color

Hi Jenny,
I have a sub-zero that i have to replace.  I cannot afford a new one and I would like to know what color refrigerator to purchase.  The sub zero had wood panels which matched all the paneling in the kitchen. I have marble counter tops that are black speckled.  I have a broken black microwave and the oven has a black door and the stove top is beige.  I don't know if I should get a black or stainless steel refrigerator.
Many thanks for your help.

Hi Anne,

Most all refrigerators come with "panels" in reversible tones.  If you can find one that has a stainless magnetic side and a black side, opt for that.  Otherwise, my best advice is to select the finish that your "new" appliances (as they wear out) will be.  Stainless or black will work, but if I were going to replace other appliances in the near future I would make sure they match.  If you're not planning to do any more replacements, then opt for the black.

Thanks for writing and for your question.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology